Thursday, October 9, 2008

These are a couple of the cards I made at a "card party" that I thought were pretty cute, especially because I'm not that creative! It helps, though, when the cards are pre-cut for you and all you have to do is stamp, and adhere! I made 5 different kinds (5 of each) for my mom to send out to her 160 members of our family for their birthdays.


This is a birthday present that "someone in our family" gave to his girlfriend on her 16th b-day. How sweet and fun is that!



Headline: RIVERTON beats not only BINGHAM but the referees!!! 20-18


McKay is on the top of the pile.
No kidding! The referees were the WORST I have ever seen! To our approximately 20 penalties, Bingham had maybe 2 or 3!! They did everything they could to help Bingham win, but it didn't work!! We were up 14-0 in the first half and I guess Bingham coaches paid the refs during half time! After half time Bingham scored twice, but didn't get there extra points, so it was 14-12. Then they scored again the last 2 minutes to make it 14-18 (no extra point). One minute to go and we headed to our end zone. With 10 seconds left we scored!! 20-18 You would have thought it was the championship game (I guess it kind of was since they were our only competition). Our side of the bleachers were so full and everyone was crazy with excitement!

Picture above: McKay is making an awesome block.


Below is a picture of the Riverton vs. West Jordan game. Look for #56 near the right.

The only down side was at the end of the 3rd quarter Mckay came out and the coaches sat him down on the bench and took his helmet off. The medic was continually checking on him. I was going nuts not knowing what was going on and it took everything in me not to go down and see. If I would have gone down, I would have been disowned by McKay. After the game, I found out that in the 2nd quarter, after a huge head to head hit, saving the quarterback from getting sacked, McKay sustained a possible concussion. There he is sitting on the bench.

They are now ranked the #1 Sophomore team in Utah!
Wait . . . I'm not done yet . . .

The Varsity coach approached McKay last week and asked him to practice with the Varsity during playoffs! He wants him to start as tackle for the Varsity team next year! The coach can't wait to get his hands on the Sophomores next year!

Side note: All three touchdowns by Bingham were scored in the fourth quarter while McKay was out with his injury.
Okay, now I'm done.

2 comments:

Mikki said...

Cute cards. I have no creative bone in my body - which means, no scrapbooking, card-making or anything like that. :(

That's so awesome for McKay to be doing so well. I miss having family to go watch playing football. We go to Mountain View games, but it's not the same because we really have no one, even from church, that plays for them. So, I'm glad to see that his team is doing so well and that he will be practicing with the varsity. So cool.

supermombritt said...

Super cute flowers for someone's girlfriend. I love it. Anyway, I tagged you on my blog.