Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Escalante State Park








We went to Escalante State Park over spring break with 5 other families in our neighborhood. We had such a great time hiking, visiting, eating, and relaxing. Friday we drove 50 miles down a red dirt road (wash board) to go on a hike. We heard it was a moderate hike so we thought it would be fine for the group of people ranging from 3 yrs. to 45 yrs. It was fine until we came to a wall that we had to climb to go any further. After crying, I convinced Hiram I couldn't go any further. So I, along with one other, waited for the rest to go on and finish the "Peekaboo" hike. They came back and said that my family and 7 others continued on to the "Spooky" hike. When they came back, my husband admitted that it was a good thing that I didn't continue on! Here are some pictures of the wall that needed to be climbed in order to continue on. That is where I stopped, so that is where the pictures stopped!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mYikes! Did you really scale that wall!?!? No safety ropes? Eeeekk!
That reminds me of all the camping trips of my childhood! What fun memories you are creating. You Rock!!! xo Jana